Maha Yogaraj Gugal
Maha Rasnadi Gugal
Shuddha Guggulu Powder
|Packaging Type||100GM,400GM,900GM,2 KG,5 KG|
|Grade Standard||Medicine Grade|
|Brand||ALKA AYURVEDIC PHARMACY|
|Medicine Form||SUDDH GUGGULU|
Foam: Fine mesh light black Powder.
Hyperlipidemia (increased cholesterol level in the blood) Arthritis Atherosclerosis (clogging or hardening of blood vessels) Weight management
Shuddha Guggulu (Commiphora wightii)
- Guggulsterones increase the conversion of cholesterol into bile acids, facilitating removal of excess cholesterol through feces
- Helps lower LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol levels significantly
- Prevents clogging and hardening of blood vessels (atherosclerosis) by stopping the oxidation of bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Supports healthy weight by regulating metabolism and enhancing thyroid function
- Shudha Guggulu is ideal for increased lipid levels (hyperlipidemia)
Directions For Use:
Use as directed by the physician.
- Read the label carefully before use
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight
- Keep out of reach of the children
- Use under medical supervision
HOW TO MAKE/PROCESS SHUDHA GUGGULU
- Raw Guggulu resin
- Decoction of Three myrobalans (triphala)
- Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia)
What are three myrobalans?
The following three fruits of plants are collectively known as three myrobalans or triphala. They are mixed together in equal quantity.
- Chebulic Myrobalan (Harar) – Terminalia chebula
- Emblic Myrobalan (Amla) – Phyllanthus emblica
- Beleric Myrobalan (Behara) – Terminalia bellerica
Procedure for making Shuddha guggulu
- Take 250 grams triphala and 125 grams giloy.
- Grind them to make a coarse powder and mix them.
- Soak the coarse powder of herbs in 4 kg water overnight.
- Heat the water with herbal mixture to make decoction. Simmer the mixture until water remains half.
- Now take 250 grams raw guggul resin and cotton bag.
- Put guggul in cotton bag and bind it with a cotton ribbon.
- Now put this cotton bag into decoction several times, so that guggul melts and extracts into hot decoction. Impurities will remain in the cotton bag.
- Now again simmer the herbal decoction with guggul until it converts into a thick mixture.
- Now, Shuddha guggulu is ready to use. You can dry the mixture under sunlight or directly use this thick mixture in ayurvedic medicines.
WHY DO WE NEED TO PURIFY GUGGUL?
Guggul is extracted and collected from the plant bark. It may be contaminated with germs, bacteria or dust particle, which have no therapeutic use and might cause side effects. Therefore, ayurvedic science has adopted a process of guggul purification before using it therapeutically.
The second reason is to enhance the quality and efficacy of guggul for its anti-obesity and anti-inflammatory properties.